"He entered the Vatican elections the pope’s dogma watchdog, and in less than 48 hours, Joseph Ratzinger emerged from the crimson curtain of St. Peter’s Basilica, leader of the one-billion strong Catholic faith.
After his installation, Ratzinger followed closely in the footsteps of John Paul II, whose legacy was marked by toppling the Communist regime, travelling to more countries than any pope before him, and extending solidarity to other religions. But during the first year of his pontificate, Benedict has subtly made a reputation of his own: as a philosopher, intellectual, and theologian. His speeches and writings have boldly challenged modern-day issues, such as the human life debate, religious-inspired terrorism and sexual freedom.
- Producer: ROME REPORTS TV News Agency
- Production year: 2006
- Original language: English
- Other languages: Italian
- Copyright: Rome Reports
- Type: single
- Duración: 50
- Production format: dvcpro
- Production System: pal
- International audio version: no
- Timed Coded Script: no
- Comments: "Rome Reports' 50-minute documentary leads the viewer through the most monumental moments of the 265th’ pontiff’s career. With commentary from Ratzingers closest colleagues and friends, Rome Reports gives you an intimate glimpse of who Pope Benedict XVI really is.
A Catholic Production"
- Category: Documentary
- Categories: Biographies / Saints / Founders • Church Doctrine / Articles of Faith • Catholic Church / Pope / Vatican • Vocation / Vocation Promotion
- Target: General Public
- Approach: Catholic message
- Cost for broadcast rights: To Be Negotiated with Producer